Use curly brackets to denote placeholders
Context and Problem Statement
When crafting an ADR placeholders need to be replaced by real values. How to mark the place holders?
- Use curly braces
- Use square brackets
- Use less-than and greater-than
Chosen option: “Use curly braces”, because comes out best (see below).
Pros and Cons of the Options
Use curly braces
- Good, because consistent to mustache templates.
- Good, because no confusion with markdown notation for links
Use square brackets
- Good, because used in MADR 1.x and MADR 2.x
- Bad, because confusion with markdown notation for links
Use less-than and greater-than
- Good, because kept in markdown as is
- Bad, because could be mixed up with an HTML element